ROUND ROCK, Texas, Oct. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Dell Boomi (Boomi), the leading provider of cloud integration and workflow automation software to build The Connected Business, continues to disrupt the 30-year-old legacy EDI market, evolving the company's leading B2B and EDI integration platform to help organizations and their trading partners move at the speed of today's business.
Boomi EDI aligns with Boomi's flagship cloud integration technology to deliver the industry's only unified cloud platform that orchestrates data, applications and business processes to help organizations run faster and smarter. As part of the company's unified platform capabilities, Boomi offers a low-code solution for easily setting up and managing EDI connections, programmatically onboarding partners, and integrating EDI with business processes and legacy applications. By streamlining EDI and centralizing integration and API management, Boomi allows customers to maximize the ROI of their EDI investments.
Boomi disrupts legacy EDI solutions by allowing customers to:
- Build, maintain, and simplify EDI integrations: Boomi's low code, visual drag and drop user interface (UI), built-in trading partner framework and re-usable components increase flexibility and agility, reduce repetitive work for EDI specialists.
- ·Gain end-to-end visibility: Boomi allows organizations to break down traditional EDI silos and integrate trading networks with an organization's business systems and IT services. The increased transparency allows for quick responses and fosters partner relations.
- Empower business users: Boomi enables business users to add, remove or change specific parts of an EDI configuration to respond to business requirements, increasing business agility and responsiveness.
Latest Features of Boomi EDI
Highlights from the latest release of the Boomi platform include these B2B integration features:
- Trading Partner Management UI: The Boomi Trading Partner Management user interface (UI) provides a consolidated view of all trading partner components, making it easier for Boomi customers to find, configure, and deploy changes for those partners. Boomi provides a 'single pane of glass' view for tracking and troubleshooting all integrations. Boomi also provides a portal for authorized users with the ability to track all EDI transactions using any document attribute such as key number, PO number and customer number to respond more quickly to partner requests and enhance customer service.
- Support for multiple trading partners per process: Organizations can add their company's profile for each standard in the Trading Partner component, confident that the right standard will be used for each partner. Boomi has enhanced the ease-of-use and flexibility of its support for value added networks (VANs). A single process can now use multiple VANs.
- Support for additional, global EDI standards: Boomi has extended its already broad support for EDI standards with support for RosettaNet and Tradacoms.
A more comprehensive list of new Boomi EDI features can be found here.
"By receiving an order electronically through Dell Boomi EDI, we are able to process the order extremely quickly with 100 percent accuracy," said Kelley Parkes, director of Technical Operations, at First Source, a distributor of fine chocolates and other specialty food items. "The EDI process absolutely reduces and, in some cases eliminates, errors in order taking. It also provides a way for us to give the customer information in real time."
"At Boomi, we're taking a proven and essential technology, EDI, and re-imagining it so it can run at the speed of today's business," said Jeff Burk, vice president of R&D for Dell Boomi. "We're leapfrogging EDI into the 21st century, increasing connectivity with drag-and-drop ease, automating workflows, leveraging cloud scalability, and improving visibility for customers and their partners. By taking the repetitive, time-consuming work out of EDI, we're freeing customers to shift IT resources to their most critical business initiatives, confident that the Boomi platform with provide the flexibility and reliability they need for managing EDI networks."
To watch a demo showing how Dell Boomi's EDI and B2B Integration capabilities transform how organizations work with trading partners, please visit:https://boomi.com/content/video/demo/edi/
About Dell Boomi
Dell Boomi (Boomi), an independent business unit of Dell, is the leading provider of cloud integration and workflow automation software to build The Connected Business. Boomi helps more than 6,200 organizations accelerate business agility by connecting data and applications to run faster and smarter. Visit www.boomi.com for more information.